Tuesday, October 18, 2011

T - Shirt Quilt

I had some t- shirts that I was keeping around, from all the places our family has been.  You know the kind that tourists buy on holidays and also other shirts with the quirky and funny blurbs.   I decided to cut  them into squares backing them with fusible interfacing to keep the shape of the square. They also needed a border  of fabric, 5 inches wide with a 1/2 inch seam allowance.  I sewed all the blocks together and backed it with an old sheet I had, and sewed around each square to quilt the front and back together. I thought it would be a great idea to keep those memories of time spent with the kids.  The kids are also excited to see the quilt and reminisce of past times while they are keeping warm.   As you can see in the photo, some of the t-shirts were not all the same size, so I just added another border to bring the squares (blocks) to the same size. Just have fun with it!! Quilting should never be stressful!  You won't regret making your own quilt of memorabilia!!
 OOPS.  The eyes are a Halloween prop in the photo editing program I use. The t-shirt is on the risque side, but funny at the time.
 A pretty t-shirt that was outgrown.
Hope you have a great day!
Bessy Boo
Sisterkins

No comments:

Post a Comment