Friday, November 11, 2011

Copycat Cleaner

Good Morning!  It is November 11th and it is Remembrance Day.  We would like to thank all the men and women who protect us every day, and to all the men and women that have given their lives for Canada.
 This morning I was reading through my blogs as my morning is somewhat longer because of this daylight savings time.  Waking up at 4 am is getting to be somewhat old......but on the high note, my day is longer, which gives me some morning reading time on blogville. And I am able to do a quick post on a homemade cleaner that I found from  Here, but I actually went  to this site to get the recipe...This Is The Recipe I Used.
 Homemade Cleaner
4 Cups Water
7/8 cup brown sugar
1 Large Pineapple carcass
And then I added 2 more cups of water and
3/8 more cup of brown sugar
  We recently had a fresh pineapple so......For people with weak stomachs, PLEASE skip this next part......(((Dug into our compost pail, that was extremely full and smelled a little....no... a lot..... and pulled out a very ripe pineapple carcass.)))  OK weak ones....You can read again.  I gathered all the ingredients together and took a picture of course.
I measured my sugar into a gallon glass jar as I didn't have a plastic juice bottle.
Poured my water in to join the sugar. 
I sliced  the pineapple remains and realized I had more than the recipe called for, so I added more sugar and water. 
I covered the jar with some plastic wrap and put an elastic, well actually it's a hairband cause I couldn't fine an elastic in the junk drawer.
I really need to clean and organize my drawers soon.  No blog on that....too embarrassing...and so here we are.....waiting, waiting and waiting.
  In February, I hope to be scrubbing my toilet and watering my plants with this miracle juice.  I will keep you posted.
UPDATE:  November 11th and It is bubbling away!  Fermentation has definitely begun!
Have a clean day!
Oonga
Sisterkins

No comments:

Post a Comment