Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Rowdy Boys


Hope you all had a great weekend.  My next post is a copycat from I don't know where.  I saw it last Christmas on the computer somewhere.  I think it was on Tipnuts.
I decided to make these for some young visitors that were coming this weekend.

    The Drunkin Rowdy Party Boys
  
Gather your goods and away we go.
As it turns out, I didn't have any fruit roll up so I had to use gummy worms.


I placed a marshmallow on the graham wafer and microwaved for 7 seconds.  This was through trial and error that I figured this out.  Every microwave is different so you might have to do a bit of experimenting yourself.  They "blow up real good".  Lotsa fun!!!!


With the second marshmallow, grab a pretzel and poke it in the center.  Place it on the melted marshmallow.  I cut a wee slice of the gummy worm for the nose.

  With a few melted chocolate chips and a toothpick, paint on some eyes and a mouth.  I really would of preferred to pipe on the chocolate, but my baggie broke and I had to work quickly, so I just used a toothpick.  You could also buy those little icings in tubes for this job.  I think it would do a neater job, although little mouths didn't seem to mind. 

I separated the Oreo into 2 and glued a Rolo on top with some chocolate.  This makes a hat.  Glue it on the marshmallow with some melted chocolate.  Stick in two pretzels for arms, but make sure Mr. Snowman doesn't get fingers or he will eat his hat.  True story.....
The one in the background started to eat his hat so I had to take his fingers off


I had to cut the gummy worm in half as it was just too thick for a scarf.  Chocolate up some buttons for him too.



They look a little drunk and rowdy, but they were the hit of the party.
Cheers!
Oonga
Sisterkins


Party With Me At monogram

No comments:

Post a Comment